Closed Captioning Handbook
THE CLOSED CAPTIONING HANDBOOK gives you what you need to:
* Understand and comply with captioning laws, including the Telecommunications * * Act and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
* Purchase, understand and use captioning equipment
* Select and hire captioning professionals
* Use captioning for broadcast TV, digital TV, DVD, movie theaters, Internet, streaming media and more
* Design standards-compliant captioning software
* Understand the terminology of captioning, broadcasting and deafness
Captioning laws are varied, complex and fluid. THE CLOSED CAPTIONING HANDBOOK provides implementation timetables, exceptions, and up-to-date information on the latest FCC ruling, along with a historical perspective on the U.S. laws--all explained in a clear, simple language with supporting quotes from government documents.
Closed captioning is infiltrating every aspect of the broadcast industry, and THE CLOSED CAPTIOINING HANDBOOK is the only comprehensive handbook that explains what it is, how it works, and how to use it. A pioneer and leader in the field, Gary Robson is a true evangelist for captioning and accessibility for dead and hard-of-hearing people.
Focal Press is a proud sponsor of www.captioncentral.com, your online resource for articles, news and other resources in closed captioning.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Academic Tribes and Territories: Intellectual Enquiry and the Cultures of Disciplines (Society for Research into Higher Education)
The Formula For Success In Sales: Your complete guide to selling your product to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!